Instructions are given for straight and circular knitting. The pattern stitch used is reversible, lending flexibility to the way the brim is folded for variations of wearing style. The yarn I’ve recommended lends itself to the elasticity of the hat. You can use another quality yarn in place of it, but I recommend you stay away from cotton, linen, and other less resilient yarns that do not maintain their body
One size (fits average adult)
Cascade Pastaza 50% Llama 50% Wool, 100g /132yds
• Pink 275 or Periwinkle 318 or Gray 006 – 1 skein each
• Size 8 straight needles if knitting back and forth.
• Size 8 circular needle, 16 in. long, if knitting in the round.
• Size 8 double-pointed needles, if knitting in the round.
• Tapestry needle
• Marker if knitting in the round
16 sts and 30 rows/rnds = 4in. in patt st. To save time, take
time to check gauge.